Safety Committee Training
PennPRIME’s expectation for safety committees is that they will develop and maintain a safety process which actively involves all employees in identifying, preventing and correcting workplace safety issues.
As your partner in Managing Risk Together, PennPRIME strongly supports our members' efforts in implementing and maintaining Safety Committees. Their constant focus on best practices and proactive activities helps to reduce workplace injuries and lower claims overall. As an additional measure of our commitment and as a value-added service, PennPRIME offers the mandated, annual safety committee training required by the PA Bureau of Workers' Compensation.
Safety Committee Training Requirements
Training on the following topics is required annually for each safety committee member and must be provided by a qualified accident and illness service provider. This is mandated by the PA Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) for initial and recertification.
- Safety Committee Structure and Operation
- Hazard Detection and Inspection
- Accident Prevention and Investigation
- Employee Substance Abuse and Awareness
- Other safety concerns specific to the business of the employer
Safety Committee Training Options
- PennPRIME can provide a personalized experience by training all members of your committee at the same time via Zoom on the day/time of your choosing.
- PennPRIME can provide a personalized experience to your entire committee in a joint training with another PennPRIME member via Zoom on the same day/time convenient to both members. This has the added benefit of learning what another committee is doing to address common workplace safety issues.
- Members can take advantage of the live webinars provided by the Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) listed below.
Option #A: Committee members can participate individually in their own office or remotely.
Option #B: Committee members can participate as one group in a location that meets all CDC guidelines for group gatherings.
Backup: Committee members who miss your designated group training session can take advantage of the live webinars provided by the BWC.
Option #C: Participants of both committees can participate individually in their own office or remotely.
Option #D: Each separate committee can participate as their own group in their own location while meeting all CDC guidelines for group gatherings.
Backup: Committee members who miss this designated joint training session can take advantage of the live webinars provided by the BWC.
Option #E: Each committee member can choose a different day/time that works best for them, register individually, and use their own computer, tablet, or smart phone.
Option #F: Your entire committee can be registered for one specific webinar, with all members viewing a computer projection at the same time while meeting all CDC guidelines for group gatherings.
Register: Click here for the date/time of your preference. More sessions will be scheduled as the year progresses.